BAVAUTO Show & Shine
SHOW & SHINE IS AN "EVERY OTHER YEAR” EVENT. THE NEXT SHOW & SHINE WILL BE IN SEPTEMBER OF 2019. IF YOU'D LIKE TO BE NOTIFIED WHEN THE DATE IS SET, PLEASE EMAIL [email protected]
Show & Shine 2017 is in the books! This was our first time holding the event in September — moved up from October in search of better weather. And it worked! It was a little foggy during setup at sunrise, overcast and 65 degrees in the early AM (ideal photo photos and comfort), then sunny and in the 70s starting about 11:00. Here are some fun facts about the show:
- The event started at 9am and ended at 1pm.
- Approximately 300 BMWs and MINIs were parked on the premises.
- An additional 80-100 were on the street and in surrounding lots.
- Front lot had a display of 24 Classic BMWs (chassis introduced 1987 or earlier), including an M1, right-hand drive E23 735i, a couple of Alpina (3.0cs and E34 B10), a 2002tii Touring, a couple of other 2002s, E24s, E28s, E30s and more.
- Our friend Kevin Clarke, a professional emcee and BMW aficionado, and our resident “techxpert” Gordon Arnold (a.k.a. Bavarian Otto) provided commentary about the Classics on display and conducted interviews with the owners, all of which was broadcast over the PA system.
- Vendor partners in attendance: ZF, KONI, CRP, MANN, Continental VDO, HELLA, PIAA, Brembo, Nissens, Nokian Tires, MEYLE, ROWE, Wahler, Liqui Moly, D-Force Wheels, BMW CCA (White Mtn. Chapter), and the Classic division of BMW NA.
- Estimated attendance was between 950-1100.
- We served 600 hamburgers, 300 bratwurst, 300 hot dogs, hundreds of soft drinks and 2 kegs of beer — all for free.
- The event raised just shy of $10,000 for four charities – Susan G. Komen, Disabled American Veterans, Animal Legal Defense Fund and BeTheMatch.org. Donations are still coming in.
- KW Variant 1 coil-over kit – VINCENT L.
- $500 BAVautoCertificate from BMW of Stratham – MICHELLE B.
- BAS stress bar – AVERY B.
- $100 BAVauto certificate – DAVID H.
- Cool Carbon front brake pad set – CHRIS A.
- Set of 4 Nokian tires – MARIILENES P.
- GearWrench set – ANGELEIGH P.
- Metrovac Sidekick blow-drier – ROBERT L.
- Liqui Moly oil change kit – DOUG H.
- Burger Motorsports JB+ – JENNIFER G.
- $100 BAVauto certificate – CELINE L.
- 3 sets of Powerflex bushings _ JOHN D.
- BAS stress bar – MARK K.
- $100 gift card courtesy of Meyle – CHI C.
- Cool Carbon front brake pad set – RICHARD C.
- Pitstop Grand Prix office chair – KEVIN M.
- Continental VDO golf bag, umbrella & golf balls – MAZEN F.
- $500 certificate for ZF products on BAVauto.com – PETER O.
- $100 BAVauto certificate from Hella – DOUG H.
- Striker L.E.D. TRiLIGHT – DENNI S.
- CRP belt overhaul kit – AREK R.
- aFe Power intake kit – BARRY S.
- $100 BAVauto certificate – ROBERT L.
- Liqui Moly oil change kit – CHRIS D.
- GearWrench set – JAMES D.
- PIAA Si Tech windshield wipers and Xtreme White bulbs – BRAD H.
- Colgan front-end mask – ERIC K.
- Cool Carbon front brake pad set – GREGORY M.
- D-Force wheel spacers & lug conversion kit – BILL S.
- Burger Motorsports JB+ – KEVIN M.
- $100 BAVauto certificate from Hella – STEVEN B.
- Ogio rolling duffel bag from Brembo – JOSHUA C.
- BAS stress bar – DENNI S.
- Bentley repair manual and Mechanical Ignition Handbook – MARK K.
- Pedal Haus aluminum pedal set – JERRY R.
- $400 Remus gift certificate – MATT A.
- GearWrench set _ AARON W.
- Lloyd Mats Ultimat set – STEVE C.
- $100 BAVauto certificate – KEITH M.
- Weathertech front floorliners – TONY G.
- Set of 4 Beyern Antler wheels – TOBY R.
- Set of Koni STR.T shocks – HELGE B.
- Grand Prize - Trip to BMW Performance Center, a day at ///M School and a couple days of sightseeing/R&R – AL G.
Our sincere thanks to everyone who came to the event, bought raffle tickets, donated prizes, drank our beer and, ultimately made us smile!
Want to smile yourself? Here’s a link to a Show & Shine photo album on Facebook —Photo Album
And here’s a list of raffle prizes and winners. (PLEASE NOTE: All winners have been contacted!)
Browse photo galleries from previous years on our Facebook page: