BAVauto Show & Shine
SHOW & SHINE IS AN "EVERY OTHER YEAR EVENT. THE NEXT SHOW & SHINE WILL BE IN SEPTEMBER OF 2019. IF YOU'D
LIKE TO BE NOTIFIED WHEN THE DATE IS SET, PLEASE EMAIL [email protected]
Show & Shine 2017 is in the books! This was our first time holding the event in September moved up from October in search of better weather. And it worked! It was a little foggy during setup at sunrise, overcast and 65 degrees in the early AM (ideal photo photos and comfort), then sunny and in the 70s starting about 11:00. Here are some fun facts about the show:
- The event started at 9am and ended at 1pm.
- Approximately 300 BMWs and MINIs were parked on the premises.
- An additional 80-100 were on the street and in surrounding lots.
- Front lot had a display of 24 Classic BMWs (chassis introduced 1987 or earlier), including an M1, right-hand drive E23 735i, a couple of Alpina (3.0cs and E34 B10), a 2002tii Touring, a couple of other 2002s, E24s, E28s, E30s and more.
- Our friend Kevin Clarke, a professional emcee and BMW aficionado, and our resident techxpert Gordon Arnold (a.k.a. Bavarian Otto) provided commentary about the Classics on display and conducted interviews with the owners, all of which was broadcast over the PA system.
- Vendor partners in attendance: ZF, KONI, CRP, MANN, Continental VDO, HELLA, PIAA, Brembo, Nissens, Nokian Tires, MEYLE, ROWE, Wahler, Liqui Moly, D-Force Wheels, BMW CCA (White Mtn. Chapter), and the Classic division of BMW NA.
- Estimated attendance was between 950-1100.
- We served 600 hamburgers, 300 bratwurst, 300 hot dogs, hundreds of soft drinks and 2 kegs of beer all for free.
- The event raised just shy of $10,000 for four charities Susan G. Komen, Disabled American Veterans, Animal Legal Defense Fund and BeTheMatch.org. Donations are still coming in.
Our sincere thanks to everyone who came to the event, bought raffle tickets, donated prizes, drank our beer and, ultimately made us smile!
Want to smile yourself? Heres a link to a Show & Shine photo album on Facebook
And heres a list of raffle prizes and winners. (PLEASE NOTE: All winners have been contacted!)
- KW Variant 1 coil-over kit VINCENT L.
- $500 BAVautoCertificate from BMW of Stratham MICHELLE B.
- BAS stress bar AVERY B.
- $100 BAVauto certificate DAVID H.
- Cool Carbon front brake pad set CHRIS A.
- Set of 4 Nokian tires MARIILENES P.
- GearWrench set ANGELEIGH P.
- Metrovac Sidekick blow-drier ROBERT L.
- Liqui Moly oil change kit DOUG H.
- Burger Motorsports JB+ JENNIFER G.
- $100 BAVauto certificate CELINE L.
- 3 sets of Powerflex bushings _ JOHN D.
- BAS stress bar MARK K.
- $100 gift card courtesy of Meyle CHI C.
- Cool Carbon front brake pad set RICHARD C.
- Pitstop Grand Prix office chair KEVIN M.
- Continental VDO golf bag, umbrella & golf balls MAZEN F.
- $500 certificate for ZF products on BAVauto.com PETER O.
- $100 BAVauto certificate from Hella DOUG H.
- Striker L.E.D. TRiLIGHT DENNI S.
- CRP belt overhaul kit AREK R.
- aFe Power intake kit BARRY S.
- $100 BAVauto certificate ROBERT L.
- Liqui Moly oil change kit CHRIS D.
- GearWrench set JAMES D.
- PIAA Si Tech windshield wipers and Xtreme White bulbs BRAD H.
- Colgan front-end mask ERIC K.
- Cool Carbon front brake pad set GREGORY M.
- D-Force wheel spacers & lug conversion kit BILL S.
- Burger Motorsports JB+ KEVIN M.
- $100 BAVauto certificate from Hella STEVEN B.
- Ogio rolling duffel bag from Brembo JOSHUA C.
- BAS stress bar DENNI S.
- Bentley repair manual and Mechanical Ignition Handbook MARK K.
- Pedal Haus aluminum pedal set JERRY R.
- $400 Remus gift certificate MATT A.
- GearWrench set _ AARON W.
- Lloyd Mats Ultimat set STEVE C.
- $100 BAVauto certificate KEITH M.
- Weathertech front floorliners TONY G.
- Set of 4 Beyern Antler wheels TOBY R.
- Set of Koni STR.T shocks HELGE B.
- Grand Prize - Trip to BMW Performance Center, a day at ///M School and a couple days of sightseeing/R&R AL G.
Browse photo galleries from previous years on our Facebook page: