aFe Stage 1 Magnum Force™ cold-air intake kit with cleanable, oil-free air filter. Want more power out of your engine? Let more air in! To keep engine noise at an "acceptable" level, BMW encases its stock air filters in a plastic housing -- a housing that restricts airflow into the engine. Installing an aFe Magnum Force intake kit eliminates that housing and replaces the paper air filter with a high-flow, cleanable air filter, allowing more air to enter the engine so it can breathe as deeply as it wants. Plus, the design and/or location of the intake prevents the hot air that surrounds the engine from entering the intake and robbing you of power. (Hot air doesn't combust as powerfully as cold air.) You get stepped-up performance you can both feel and hear. Other features include:
- Two layers of synthetic filter media that provide a level of filtration close to that of disposable, paper air filters, yet allow a greater volume of air to pass through.
- The deepest pleats in the industry, with rounded tips instead of pointed folds. Deeper, rounded pleats means more filter material to hold more dirt. Plus the pleats can be spaced further apart, allowing more air to enter your engine.
- 100% polyurethane frame that withstands extreme engine temperatures and extends service life (i.e. no plastomers to dry out and crack). In fact, all aFe replacement filters come with a limited Lifetime Warranty.
- A pliable, progressive, polyurethane bump seal that provides a tight seal in your car's factory air box without the use of gaskets or messy sealants. (It seals even if the air box has an uneven sealing surface.)
- Installation is a simple, bolt-on procedure. Kit includes instructions and hardware (where applicable). When the ProDry S filter gets dirty, simply tap it to loosen the dirt then vacuum it to restore 96% of the original airflow.
- CARB EO # D-550-3
Write Your Own Review
advanced FLOW engineering, inc. (aFe Power) is a manufacturer of high performance automotive cold air intake systems, performance air filters, fluid filters, throttle spacers, turbochargers, intercoolers, differential cover, transmission pans, headers and exhaust systems. aFe is headquartered in Corona, California in two facilities totaling 164,000 sq. ft. including their 77,000 sq. ft. headquarters and manufacturing facility. An 87,000 sq. ft. warehouse and R&D facility was added in 2012.
aFe's product line up currently includes over 2,300 part numbers, which are all designed, developed and manufactured in their Corona, CA location. aFe Power puts a great deal of focus on the BMW category with one of the most complete lines of performance products for BMW. The aFe Power product line-up includes performance air filters, cold air intake systems and exhaust systems. Many members of the aFe Power team, including their president, are BMW enthusiasts and you will find dozens of new products for various BMW applications launched every year.
Everything we sell comes with a minimum 12-month warranty and a 100% satisfaction guarantee. In addition, products that carry the Bavarian Autosport brand come with a minimum 2-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. (Some have lifetime warranties!) If you are unhappy with a product's quality or performance, simply let us know. We'll make it right. Call us at 800.535.2002 or e-mail [email protected].
Customers who bought this item also bought
Sprint Booster Drive-by-Wire Power Converter for BMWSBBM0013S