BMW's with the N73 V12 engine frequently develop coolant leaks at the front of the engine. Coolant will usually be seen leaking from a weep hole on the front timing cover. The engine has a coolant transfer pipe that runs from the front to the rear of the engine, under the intake manifold, the integrated front seal on the pipe fails causing the leak.
The factory prescribed repair is very time consuming and requires removal of the engine, cylinder heads, oil pan and timing covers. This expandable pipe allows the repair to be done by an experienced technician in under 10 hours, saving thousands in labor costs.
The following additional parts ( not included ) are required to complete the repair:
- 11 53 1 710 048 rear o-ring
- 11 51 7 507 717 heat pipe water pump o-ring
- 11 51 7 508 535 water pump gasket
- 11 51 1 439 976 pipe/valley pan
- 11 14 7 506 384 coolant pipe cap with gasket
- 11 61 7 568 910 intake manifold gasket (two required)
- 13 64 7 516 741 fuel injector o-rings (12 required)
- 12 31 1 439 988 alternator feed pipe
Write Your Own Review
Everything we sell comes with a minimum 12-month warranty and a 100% satisfaction guarantee. In addition, products that carry the Bavarian Autosport brand come with a minimum 2-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. (Some have lifetime warranties!) If you are unhappy with a product's quality or performance, simply let us know. We'll make it right. Call us at 800.535.2002 or e-mail [email protected].