aFe Stage 2 Magnum Force cold-air intake kit with cleanable, oil-free air filter. Want more power out of your engine? Let more air in! To keep engine noise at an "acceptable" level, BMW encases its stock air filters in a plastic housing -- a housing that restricts airflow into the engine. Installing an aFe Magnum Force intake kit eliminates that housing and replaces the paper air filter with a high-flow, cleanable air filter, allowing more air to enter the engine so it can breathe as deeply as it wants. Plus, the design and/or location of the intake prevents the hot air that surrounds the engine from entering the intake and robbing you of power. (Hot air doesn't combust as powerfully as cold air.) You get stepped-up performance you can both feel and hear. Other features include:
- Two layers of synthetic filter media that provide a level of filtration close to that of disposable, paper air filters, yet allow a greater volume of air to pass through.
- The deepest pleats in the industry, with rounded tips instead of pointed folds. Deeper, rounded pleats means more filter material to hold more dirt. Plus the pleats can be spaced further apart, allowing more air to enter your engine.
- 100% polyurethane frame that withstands extreme engine temperatures and extends service life (i.e. no plastomers to dry out and crack). In fact, all aFe replacement filters come with a limited Lifetime Warranty. Kit incorporates a unique coupling that smoothes air transition into the intake tract for better performance. The one piece heat shield features an integrated clip to allow for minimal assembly and provides a direct fitment to the factory air duct. Kit includes reusable cone air filter, filter mount, bracket, instructions and hardware.
- When the ProDry S filter gets dirty, simply tap it to loosen the dirt then vacuum it to restore 96% of the original airflow.
- This kit increases power by 6 hp and torque by 12 ftlbs.
advanced FLOW engineering, inc. (aFe Power) is a manufacturer of high performance automotive cold air intake systems, performance air filters, fluid filters, throttle spacers, turbochargers, intercoolers, differential cover, transmission pans, headers and exhaust systems. aFe is headquartered in Corona, California in two facilities totaling 164,000 sq. ft. including their 77,000 sq. ft. headquarters and manufacturing facility. An 87,000 sq. ft. warehouse and R&D facility was added in 2012.
aFe's product line up currently includes over 2,300 part numbers, which are all designed, developed and manufactured in their Corona, CA location. aFe Power puts a great deal of focus on the BMW category with one of the most complete lines of performance products for BMW. The aFe Power product line-up includes performance air filters, cold air intake systems and exhaust systems. Many members of the aFe Power team, including their president, are BMW enthusiasts and you will find dozens of new products for various BMW applications launched every year.
aFe OE replacement filters are warranted against manufacturer defects for as long as you own the vehicle and it is properly maintained using our filter cleaning kit. Our universal clamp on air filters and air intake kits are warranted against manufacturer defects for 2 years. Our racing filters are warranted against manufacturer defects for 1 year. All warranty is contingent on proper installation and proper maintenance using our restore kit. All other aFe products such as our exhaust systems, intake manifolds and intercoolers have a 2-year warranty.
To warranty a product you must return it through your original place of purchase and have the original sales receipt. If you have any further questions, please call the aFe Power Professionals at 951-493-7155 and they can help you with any warranty issues.