By any standard, Show & Shine 2011 was a rousing success:
The only thing that could have been better was the weather. A steady rain and occasional downpours fell throughout the day, forcing the damp but happy attendees to seek shelter in the vendor tent, the "You Can Do It!" demo tent, the Information/Raffle tent, the food service tents and the Bavarian Autosport showroom. But as you can see from the photo gallery (link below), people didn't let the moisture dampen their spirits. It's days such as this that show you just what kind of friends you have. And after 37 years in the BMW/MINI business, we think we can say without contradiction that our vendors and customers are the best. We couldn't be more appreciative of everyone's loyalty, support and generosity.
- Once again, more than 325 beautiful Bimmers and magnificent MINIs were displayed on the property (plus another 100+ out in the street and neighboring parking lots).
- More than 1,000 enthusiasts were in attendance, from as far away as Ottawa and Virginia.
- More than $5,000 worth of free raffle prizes were given away.
- Hundreds of people were fed for free (including coffee, juice, donuts, hamburgers, knockwurst, hot dogs, sodas, Smuttynose beer and more).
- More than $9,000 was raised for Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
Here are a few more facts & figures about the day:
Vendors in attendance:
- Bentley Publishers
- Cool Carbon
- Eco Touch
- Kelleners Sport
- Liqui Moly
Bavarian Otto's "You Can Do It!" Demos:
- Changing transmission fluid
- Installing a short-throw shift kit
- Changing brake pads & rotors
- Engine electrical tune-up
- Door panel removal
- Window regulator replacement
- Detailing with P21S
Komen Charity Raffle Prizes (and Winners):
And finally, a great big "Thank you!" to everyone who donated raffle prizes,
contributed to the event, bought raffle tickets and simply braved the inclement
weather to help us celebrate our mutual love of BMWs and MINIs. We hope to see
you next year!
- Set of 4 Nokian Hakkapeliitta winter tires (Bert B., MA)
- Infinity Basslink subwoofer (Kelly V., VA)
- DICE Media Bridge and G2 cradle (Niko P., NY)
- aFe cold-air intake kit (Gary B., CT)
- Racing Dynamics stress bar (Jennifer C., NV)
- Bavarian Autosport camber kits (Sarah C., NH)
- Sprint Booster (Dana R., MA)
- Bavarian Autosport trailer hitch (Philip B., VA)
- Cool Carbon brake pads (Ed W., IL)
- Bavarian Autosport Power Programmer (Chris G., NH)
- Escort Passport 8500 X50 radar detector (Rick P., NC)
- Bavarian Autosport pre-painted rear wing (Kevin W., CT)
- Turbo Tuner II (Andrew J., NY)
- Bavarian Autosport street performance brake kit (Jennifer C., NV)
- Invisible paint shields (Josh F., NH)
- $250 Bavarian Autosport Savings certificate from Pagid (Jeff R., FL)
- Custom-fit seat covers (Jay R., Ontario)
- PitStop Grand Prix office chair (Tampo W., NH)
- Remus sport exhaust (Joel G., MA)
- $500 Bavarian Autosport savings certificate from Ira BMW (Dennis H., IN)
- Grand Prize worth more than $3,500: set of four 17" Beyern wheels; Set of D-Force wheel spacers; Bilstein shocks; Eibach springs; UUC short shift kit & clutch upgrade kit; PIAA Xtreme White bulbs & Super Silicone wipers; P21S auto care set; Zymöl Concours wax; $250 Exxon/Mobil gas card from Hella; 32" flat screen TV from Sachs (Matthew R., PA)